2 sticks, some string, & an odd Jackal

05 November, 2006

Open letter to the others in my house.

My dear husband and son,

If I am sitting the love seat with my finger entangled in something the size of a human hair and using little toothpicks...... and you walk up and try to talk to me....... and I start shouting numbers at you..... THEN GO AWAY, I'M COUNTING.

Please tell me why you ALWAYS have earth-shattering news (not) whilst I'm counting? Can it not wait until the end of the damn row? This is a 199 stitch lace pattern in cobweb weight yarn. It's complicated. It's kicking my ass. To add insult to injury, it's my own damn design. But I'm sure it would go better if I could finish a row without being interrupted to help you dry yourself, find your underwear, listen to something funny from a book, answer a question I don't know the answer to, let the cats out, cook, wash your clothes, take you to school..... I don't mind fixing coffee. I can't knit right til I've had my cup anyway. But for the love of all that is holy........ LET ME FINISH THE DAMN ROW BEFORE YOU INTERRUPT.

Love,

Better Half AKA Mom